Robert Plant's handwritten lyrics to "Please Read the Letter"
A two-page set of autographed and handwritten lyrics to "Please Read the Letter," one of the tracks from Plant's Raising Sand album with Alison Krauss, is now up for auction until Dec. 17.
It is currently the second most expensive item of its kind in the auction, just a shade behind the auction for John Prine's handwritten lyrics to "Angel from Montgomery."
With a week left to go before bidding closes for the lyrics Plant signed and dated Dec. 2 in Nashville, the leading bidder is set to shell out $650.
Jed Hilly, executive director of the Americana Music Association, spoke with LedZeppelinNews.com on Wednesday about the auction and about Americana music in general. There's even a reference to a Nashville Scene cover story from July 2008 on Ringo Starr.
You may be interested to hear what Hilly had to say to LedZeppelinNews.com when asked for any news regarding the status of a second collaborative album from Plant and Krauss.
the auction site. Similar items up for auction include:
- Peter Frampton's "Baby I Love Your Way" handwritten lyrics
- Michael McDonald's "Takin' It to the Streets" handwritten lyrics
- Chip Taylor's "Angel of the Morning" handwritten lyrics
- Chip Taylor's "Wild Thing" handwritten lyrics
- Dan Tyminski's "Man of Constant Sorrow" handwritten lyrics
- Willie Nelson's "On the Road Again" handwritten lyrics